Random Image Left Bar
Planning & Development
Council intends to carry out the following activities to maintain and improve the environment of the Bogan Shire Area.
- Locate extractive industries including those operated by Council and identify any obvious concerns in relation to pollution.
- Continual monitoring of town water supply to identify any radical or unsatisfactory change and to ensure a safe potable water supply.
- Regulkarly review the Local Environment Plan and develop policies to ensure that they are conducive to appropriate development and as simple as possible, while still providing the desired level of protection to the local environment.
- Review community requirements and facilities and services for the aged, youth, childcare, library, cultural activities, sports, tourism and information.
- Recycling within the Shire will be encouraged and promoted in an attempt to minimise waste to landfill and to provide improvements to community facilities.
- Public Education will continue to be an integral part of the environmental management programme.