Latest News Articles
HOME POWER SAVINGS PROGRAM
All eligible pensioners and families on a low income are invited to book a free home power assessment. More than 36,000 eligible households have now joined the program.
Together, they are expected to save around $8.3 million off household bills and 38,520 tonnes of carbon pollution a year. Visit savepower.nsw.gov.au/freehelp for more information.
Every eligible household that joins the program will get a FREE home power assessment by an energy expert to identify ways to save power in the home.
A Power Savings Kit to help kick start savings includes:
- stand-by saver power board
- 4 energy efficient light bulbs
- low flow showerhead
- shower timer
- tap aerator
- draught-proof strips for around the door
- door snakes.
- Personal Power Savings Action Plan
To be eligible for the program you must live in NSW and contribute to the power bills for the property. At least one person in your household must have one of the following cards:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs (Gold) Repatriation Health Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs (White) Repatriation Health Card
or be a recognised energy utility hardship customer .
To book a home power assessment call 1300 662 416.