Residents are reminded that all dogs are required to be microchipped and registered under the requirements of the Companion Animals Act. Council has resolved that all dog owners must comply with the Act and all residences may be surveyed to determine the ownership of dogs. The cost of microchipping and registration is as set out hereunder:
Companion Animals - Life Long Registration and Micro-chipping
- $150 Entire (not desexed) cat or dog
- $35 Cat or Dog owned by a Register Breeder
- $40 Desexed cat or dog
- $15 Desexed cat or dog owned by a Pensioner
- $Cost Micro-chipping by Council
Should you require any further information please contact Council's Ranger or Council's Manager of Environmental Services. The Companion Animal Act was introduced by the NSW Government in 1998 to protect pets, their owners and the broader community. Under the Act, all owners of puppies and kittens must take two steps to provide lifetime protection for their pet:
- Step One Puppies and kittens must, by 12 weeks of age, be permanently identified through microchipping.
- Step Two They must also be registered through a local council on the NSW Companion Animals Register.